A lot of people will be leaving the country in the upcoming weeks. Below is a list of things to think about, or take with you before you leave
- HEALTH CHANGES: If your health or medications change before you depart, your coverage may be affected. A change in your health at any time during your travels may also affect your coverage for that condition. Please call us to discuss how your policy and coverage might be affected!
- POLICY BOOKLET: Please read your policy booklet and know the benefits, exclusions and limitations included. We do our best to inform our clients on as many important details as possible, but it is imperative to ensure you are well-informed before you travel.
- CONFIRMATION/WALLET CARDS: Please verify that the information on your confirmation documents is correct, including the spelling of your name, medical plan, deductible option, dates of travel, etc. If there are any errors, please contact us immediately. Be sure to carry your wallet cards with you at all times. Don’t forget to save your confirmation as it also acts as your income tax receipt.
- DATE CHANGES: In some cases, changing your travel dates without having your policy updated may result in your policy becoming null and void. Please advise us if you plan to change your dates of travel. There is no fee to change your policy information before it has become effective. We cannot change dates once the policy is in effect.
- EXTENSIONS: To extend your policy while you are away, call Medi-Quote Insurance prior to your current policy expiring. Unless you have spoken directly to a broker, do not assume your extension is in place. We will extend your policy provided you have not had or intend to make a claim. If you have had a claim, special approval from the insurance provider will be required to extend your policy.
- IN AN EMERGENCY: Prior to seeking medical assistance it is extremely important that you call the assistance centre phone number located on your wallet card as soon as you are physically able, or even before you leave for the hospital where time permits.
- MAKING A CLAIM: If you have purchased Trip Cancellation Insurance, and something happens that could warrant you cancelling your trip, you must call the insurance company as soon as possible. The phone number to the insurance company can be found on your wallet cards or on your policy.
- REFUNDS: Partial and Full refunds may be available if you meet the policy requirements for these. A partial refund may be available if you return home early. In order to process a partial refund we need to know the date you returned to your Province of Residence. Acceptable documents must show your name, location and date. Examples are a credit card receipt, documents at border crossing, flight boarding passes, etc. A full refund will be available if you wish to cancel your policy prior to the effective date. Your request must be received in writing to process. Refunds are not available if you have made or intend to make a claim. Refunds are not available on Trip Cancellation policies or Multi-Trip Annual Plans that come into effect.